Home » News » Features » Congress Promotion
Let's Work for the Future of WACS!
Thursday, 29 October 2009
Dear Continental Directors and Presidents of WACS,
We eagerly anticipate your arrival in Chile for the WACS 2010 Congress! We are honoured to be the first Latin American country chosen to host a WACS Congress, and are working diligently to make this Congress a memorable and rewarding experience for all WACS members.
Due to the challenging world economy, the success of WACS 2010 is more dependent than ever on delegates’ participation. We request for your assistance in motivating your countries to participate in the Congress. The influence of the Presidents and the Continental Directors cannot be overstated, and we ask that you do whatever you can to encourage the countries for which you are responsible to attend WACS 2010. Nobody can do this better than you can!
To assist you in your efforts:
- Our organising committee and Ragnar Fridriksson in Paris have sent you detailed and helpful information about this Congress to pass along to your delegates.
- The General Programme is also now available and highlights this year’s exciting and informative events.
- Bill Gallagher’s tireless work on behalf of the Junior Forum - the future of WACS - has resulted in one of the most esteemed and talented panels of speakers and presentations in WACS history.
- Here in Chile, we have secured the very best venues, negotiated special discounts with our official airline, and endeavoured to offer our guests superior accommodation at reduced prices.
- To encourage participation by the Junior members, our WACS President has generously agreed to pay for Junior members’ hotel accommodations.
- ACHIGA (Chilean Gastronomy Association) has organised a lively social programme, a special daily programme for partners, and we have even prepared pre and post tours for all the delegates who want an opportunity to experience this lovely part of the world.
Encourage your people to enjoy a new, different, and exciting experience in Chile! The success and failure of an association depends on its members, and we have the upmost faith in the WACS family.
My kindest culinary regards on behalf of the ACHIGA, the chefs of our country, and the people of Chile who are waiting to welcome you! I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
If you have any questions, or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Chilean Gastronomy Association
- Face to Face With, Alma Rekic, Slovenia added 23 May 2013
- Face to Face With, Yau Kok Kheong, Malaysia added 15 April 2013
- Face to Face With, Amba Thungavelu, Mauritius added 15 March 2013
- Face to Face With, , Macedonia added 15 February 2013
- Face to Face With, Manisha Bhasin, India added 14 January 2013
- Face to Face With, Chris Sandford, Ireland added 12 December 2012
- Face to Face With, Lars Charas, WACS added 14 November 2012
- Face to Face With, Jonathan Garrett, Canada added 16 October 2012
- Face to Face With, Kimberly Brock Brown, U.S.A added 10 September 2012
- Face to Face With, Jasper Jek, Singapore added 23 August 2012
- Face to Face With, Michelle Da Silva, South Africa added 11 July 2012
- Face to Face With, Sarah Kymbrekos, Vanuatu added 12 June 2012
- Face to Face With, Gary Miller, New Zealand added 15 May 2012
- Face to Face With, CARMELA DRAGOMIR, Romania added 11 April 2012
- Face to Face With, Nam Chun-Hwa, South Korea added 09 March 2012
- Face to Face With, Rick Stephen, Singapore added 08 February 2012
- Face to Face With, Charles Carroll, U.S.A added 16 January 2012
- Face to Face With, Tarek Mouriess, United Arab Emirates added 15 December 2011
- Face to Face With, Willment Leong, Thailand added 10 November 2011
- Face to Face With, Chern Chee Hoong, Malaysia added 30 September 2011
- Face to Face With, Miroslav Kubec, Czech Republic added 06 September 2011
- Face to Face With, Ewa Olejniczak, Poland added 16 August 2011
- Face to Face With, Terence Michael Woolcock, England added 08 July 2011
- Face to Face With, Ivanna Barbieri, Italy added 01 June 2011
- Face to Face With, Paulino Schembri, Malta added 01 May 2011
- Face to Face With, Thomas Gugler, Saudi Arabia added 04 April 2011
- Charles Carroll, Charles Carroll, U.S.A added 09 March 2011
- Face to Face With, Laurent Hartmann, WACS added 07 March 2011
- Face to Face With, Mougam Pareatumbee( Mootoosamy), Mauritius added 16 February 2011
- Face to Face With, UWE MICHEEL, United Arab Emirates added 31 January 2011
- Face to Face With, Francis Lo, Hong Kong added 09 December 2010
- Face to Face With, Yelena Machshinskaya, Kazakhstan added 09 November 2010
- Face to Face With, Bernhard F. Zorn, Germany added 20 October 2010
- Face to Face With, Rosemarie Kronister, Austria added 16 September 2010
- The World of Fruit and Vegetable Carving, Laurent Hartmann, France added 13 July 2010
- The first "master chef" In Asia Pacific, Bocuse D'or Asia 2010, Pastry world cup Asia and many others, are proof of our hard work as the Chef Association of Malaysia, Federico Michieletto, Malaysia added 03 June 2010
- Women in WACS Initiative Is Gaining Womentum, Susanne V. Metz, U.S.A added 04 May 2010
- Drugs and more, Glenn Austin, Australia added 06 April 2010
- Strengthening WACS and its members, Louis Perrotte, U.S.A added 06 March 2010
- Consistent Support to Further Expansion and Education, Miroslav Kubec, Czech Republic added 09 February 2010
- Good Leadership, Bill Gallagher, South Africa added 11 January 2010
- Message from President of the Association of German Chefs e. V., Axel Ruehmann, Germany added 02 December 2009
- Bringing WACS Closer to Young Chefs, Carlo Sauber, Luxembourg added 08 October 2009
- Rethink Traditions and Look into the Future, Ragnar Fridriksson, France added 01 September 2009
- Message from Iceland, Alfred Omar Alfredsson, Iceland added 30 July 2009
- WACS Global Master Chef, Reinhold Metz, Germany added 29 July 2009
- News Update June 2009 Asia, John Sloane, Singapore added 02 July 2009
- New Board in Abaga Brazil, João Leme, Brazil added 02 July 2009
- Message from Honorary Life President, Bill Gallagher, South Africa added 01 June 2009
- Message from Cyprus, Yiannakis A. Agapiou, Cyprus added 01 June 2009
- La gastronomia profesional em Am, Jorge E. Monti de Valsassina, Brazil added 29 April 2009
- Skills Kitchen Introduction, Martin Kobald, South Africa added 29 April 2009
- A Short Report from the Swedish Chefs Association - March 2009, Peter Wilbois, Sweden added 17 March 2009
- Message from President Czech Chefs, Mr. Moroslav Kubec, Czech Republic added 14 February 2009
- WACS, a different point of view, Glenn Austin, Australia added 11 February 2009
- Message from Life President, Bill Gallagher, South Africa added 16 January 2009
- Indian Gastronomy, Manjit S. Gill, India added 15 January 2009
- WACS Christmas Message, Edwin W. Johnson HAAC, Bahamas added 10 December 2008
- Message from Continental Director Asia, John Sloane, Singapore added 10 December 2008
- Message from Presidium Vice President, Hilmar B. Jonsson CMC, Iceland added 19 November 2008
- For The First Time, Euda Lisseth Morales, Guatemala added 17 November 2008
- Message from Christopher Gallaga, Hong Kong Chefs Association, Christopher Gallaga, Hong Kong added 20 October 2008
- Message from Executive Director Egyptian Chefs Association, Mirjam van IJssel, Egypt added 23 September 2008
- WACS celebrates 80 years of success, Norbert Schmidiger, Switzerland added 23 September 2008
- Message from Continental Director South Europe, Srecko Koklic, Slovenia added 25 August 2008
- Message from France, Patrice Trincali, France added 25 August 2008
- Message from WACS General Secretary, Helgi Einarsson, Iceland added 23 July 2008
- Vanuatu Chefs and Foodhandlers Association, Grant Johnston, Vanuatu added 14 July 2008
- Message from Continental Director Africa / Middle East, Arnold Tanzer, South Africa added 16 June 2008
- Message from Robert Hartelman, assistant of Toine Smulders, Robert Hartelman, Netherlands added 16 June 2008
- Message from Continental Director Northern Europe, Brendan O'Neill, Ireland added 27 May 2008
- A message from Canada, Judson W. Simpson, CCC, Canada added 23 May 2008